Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ride Day ... Late

Wow!

What a day, what a powerful wind, but what a powerful event! Three locations, over 500 riders and although it threatened, we did NOT have rain. What a blessing.

I saw so many old friends, made some new ones and I was, once again, inspired by the people who joined us to suffer a little on the roads, to helps those who suffer on the refugee highway.

Wow!

For me, it was the hardest riding I did all season. The wicked wind, gusting in our faces for so much of the route, and so full of moisture ... it felt like a winter day. But once again, I was inspired to keep going by those who joined us ... on the road.

This week the volunteers will be all over our office, helping sort out and enter the data into our system. I have a great team who will lead them with excellence. So stay tuned, I'll update the final tally as it become available.

Wow, what a day.

No comments: