Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ride Day ... Early

It's a little after 5:30am, Yvonne has been up and getting ready, and I'm doing my last minute check of the weather conditions for 'ride day'. I have a mix of feelings for the day, knowing that we are going to have fairly cold ride and we could have rain. But, like I have said, you have to suffer a little, and we will be suffering for and with those that suffer greatly.

However, I checked the ride statistics, and wow ... I'm blown away! We have 501 riders today and together 'we' have raised just over 195k! Praise God. This is such a boost and encouragement.

A good chunk of those funds will go back to local churches who put teams into the ride and will support local efforts to love and serve refugees and former refugees. What a great partnership!

But, back to my day. I've got gear laid out on the floor of my room, and I have to choose 'how much' to put on given the cold temperatures.

More later ...

No comments: