Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm here - Jared Redekop

I'm here: "well i made it here safe and sound. funny story though, John, the guy i flew over here with and am living and working with, made friends with an air traffic man for Air Canada. So on our 13 hour flight on Air Canada from Toronto to Japan John and I got to fly first class because John's friend was able to bump us up. it was incredible, such a blessing from God.

I'm living in an apartment that has an amazing view of the city's skyline. I am living with John, Brett and a filipino named Toph. we've split the room into two, the bed room and a multi-purpose room. i would show you some pictures but im having some problems with my camera so when i figure that out i'll put some pictures up. the part of the city i am in doesn't really have any lingering affects from the floods that happened but i heard we might be helping some of those affected soon.

some of my roles have already changed like I have been put in charge of the youth in the church that i thought i would be doing children's ministry. so i guess for a lack of a better word i would be called the youth pastor. the chruch is of about 40 people but still i'm a little nervous. their youth ministries have fallen off recently so i really want to grow their youth again. there is also a day care the church is setting up this coming week from tuesday to friday so i want to help out with that. i will hopefully get involved with more ministries as well.

thanks again for all the prayers, love, and support. May God Bless you"

Jared

No comments: