Tuesday, January 12, 2010

International Teams Intern: 'It's a Great Life'


"Being an intern with International Teams has changed me in a million ways," said Intern, Julia Clark. "I'm more thankful for the great way that I was raised. I see things that I took for granted. I have more of a desire to get involved with God's kingdom work globally."

Julia has worked with refugees in Kenya since 2006 as part of a multi-national team composed of Canadian, Kenyan, Filipina, Nigerian, and American workers.

Julia's team conducts literacy, ESL, Bible studies and sewing classes. They offer counseling, organize community development projects and advocate on behalf of refugees, primarily women and children. They raise money for student scholarships, uniforms, books and lunches. The team serves refugees from Ethiopia, Sudan, Eritrea, Congo and the Great Lakes region of eastern Africa.

"I feel very blessed to be able to work as an intern in Kenya. To go where God leads is the beginning of a great adventure and the best place you could be in. I'm a relational person so working in Kenya and meeting people--it's a great life."


No comments: