Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Twenty four years with the 'wife of my youth'

Brett, Yvonne, Neil & Michael -- The Ostrander Family

May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. Proverbs 5:18

On Monday, December 4, 2006 Yvonne and I celebrated 24 years of marriage. Like so many people in our age group we often say, "where did the time go?" It is a valid question, even though we recognize that time is a constant, the more experiences we have in our past, the quicker time seems to move.

Next to following Jesus, deciding who to marry was the biggest and best decision of my life. Building a lifetime of good memories began when we became engaged and has continued to today. My Yvonne is getting more beautiful as the years go by, and I just seem to be getting older.

We are so proud of our two boys and the men of character they are becoming. Each have their own unique personalities, and each their interest and pursuits. And we love each of them for who they are and what they contribute to our world.

Today, I am feeling blessed by the decision we made some 24 years ago, and I'm looking forward to at least 24 more!

1 comment:

chioma said...

Your right she sure is beautiful. My late father and my mum enjoyed 32yrs of marriage until death did do them part,and recently my husbands parents just celebrated 39years and they are still in love. You and others always inspire those of us who have just started. God bless